It is very important to protect your business by maintaining your fire alarm systems. These systems are expected to protect people, assets, and property. However, you cannot tell if they are fully operational just by taking a look at them. At ASCO Fire, we carry out testing, maintenance, and inspection services to keep your fire alarm system at optimal performance.
What is Fire Alarm System Inspections & Testing?
Visual inspections of fire alarm systems can be done weekly, monthly, or annually, as per the company’s unique requirements. It includes visually inspecting the power supply, LEDs, fuses and other signs of trouble. Batteries must be checked on a monthly basis for leakage or corrosion. It is also important to check smoke detectors, heat detectors, duct detectors or any equipment that can affect the performance of fire alarm system.
Fire alarm system testing is much more detailed when compared to inspections but are meant to be facilitated periodically. Most components require annual testing and some of them include:
- Control equipment must undergo annual tests to ensure that it can accurately receive trouble, supervisory and alarm signals. Any interfaced equipment must be simulated or operated to make sure the signals are transferred to the control unit.
- Disconnecting all primary power supplies to test the secondary power supply. Batteries must be tested to make sure the voltage level does not fall below the designated level.
- Testing initiating devices to ensure that they operate as per their intended design. This means that smoke detectors must be tested with smoke, and heat detectors with a heat source.
- Testing alarm notification appliances to verify that they are operating correctly, i.e. visually and audibly.
Types of Facilities that Require Fire Alarm System Inspections & Testing
It is important to have inspection and testing procedures in place for fire alarm systems that are installed in following types of facilities:
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Commercial Buildings
- Retail Facilities
- Multi-Family Residential Buildings
- Medical Facilities
- Manufacturing Facilities
- … and more!
Benefits of Fire Alarm System Inspections & Testing
The main purpose for inspection and testing is to make sure that the fire alarm system operates properly in accordance with its design. Frequent testing and inspection help mitigate the risks of a fire.
Our Expertise in Fire Alarm System Inspections & Testing
ASCO Fire comprehends that regular inspection and testing is an important part of fire prevention in commercial premises. Our team will make sure that each and every component of your fire alarm system is thoroughly inspected and tested to verify that your fire alarm system performs at its peak. We use the latest technology to carry out effective inspection and testing services.
Choose ASCO Fire for Fire Alarm System Inspections & Testing
At ASCO Fire, we are a one-stop shop for inspecting and testing fire alarm systems. Apart from providing the required services, we can communicate with your local fire department pertaining to testing and certification matters. When you choose to work with us, you can rest assured that our solutions are extremely affordable. We have served an extensive network of clients in New Jersey and we look forward to delivering quality results for your company.
Contact ASCO Fire today to schedule a complimentary consultation on fire alarm system inspections & testing with our team. Call 973-633-7300 or email us at info@ASCOfire.com to get started!