Today, you can find a wide range of fire extinguishers. Each is designed to extinguish a certain type of fire. As every industry’s needs vary, it can be confusing when it comes to selecting a fire extinguisher. Don’t worry. ASCO Fire is here to help. Our team will ensure that you get the best fire extinguishers for your building and business, and for every room.
What are Fire Extinguishers?
Industrial grade and high-quality fire extinguishers are critical safety equipment to have in your facility. It is a fact that more than 90 percent of industrial fire incidents can be extinguished or kept under control with portable fire extinguishers. In other words, they prevent small fires from turning into big ones. Maintaining these essential fire protection components well and ensuring that they are mission-ready should be one of your key goals.
Cartridge-operated and stored-pressure fire extinguishers can be found on the market today. The most common type is a stored pressure fire extinguisher. These extinguishers store expellant in the same chamber as the firefighting agent. Foam and water extinguishers typically use air. Dry chemical extinguishers often use nitrogen.
Cartridge-operated extinguishers keep the expellant gas in a separate cartridge. This cartridge will be punctured prior to discharge. When it does, the propellant is exposed to the extinguishing agent. These higher-than-average used extinguishers are often used in industrial facilities. One of their main advantages is their quick-and-simple recharge capabilities. There are two versions of cartridge-operated extinguishers: dry powder and dry chemical.
To know which fire extinguisher you need, take a look at the following classifications of fire:
- Class A: A fire caused by common combustibles such as plastic, rubbish, cloth, paper, wood, etc.
- Class B: A fire caused by flammable liquids such as lacquers, paint, flammable gas, grease, and oil.
- Class C: A fire caused by energized electrical equipment such as wiring, circuit breakers, light fixtures, and computer equipment.
- Class D: A fire caused by combustible metals that end with “ium.” For example, titanium, lithium, magnesium, and sodium.
- Class K: A fire caused by cooking area materials including grease, vegetable fat, and food fat.
What ASCO Fire Offers for Fire Extinguishers
At ASCO Fire, we offer a wide range of solutions pertaining to fire extinguishers. Here is a quick look at what our company specializes in:
- Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Fire Extinguishers Inspection
- Fire Extinguisher Replacement
Benefits of Using Fire Extinguishers
There are two main benefits of stationing portable extinguishers in your commercial facility. They include:
- Environmental benefits: By preventing a major fire from breaking out, you prevent carbon and other greenhouse gases from being released into the atmosphere.
- Life-saving benefits: Fire extinguishers can confine the spread of a fire. This saves lives, especially in places where there are a lot of people.
Investing in portable extinguishers is one of the most affordable way to keep your workplace safe for all occupants.
Our Expertise in Fire Extinguishers
At ASCO Fire, we believe that the first line of defense against fire is a well-maintained and regularly inspected fire extinguisher. So, aside from supplying portable fire extinguishers, ASCO Fire can conduct site surveys and develop a proper portable fire extinguisher plan. Our experienced technicians also inspect your fire extinguishers at your commercial facility.
We send our valued clients regular inspection reminders so that they can expect our arrival. To make things easier for you, we also utilize computer systems to track your information. You never have to worry about missing an appointment with us.
Choose ASCO Fire for Fire Extinguishers
At ASCO Fire, we strive to offer only the finest in portable fire extinguishers in New Jersey for fire protection. No matter what your company’s needs are, small or large, we can provide the extinguisher for your business use. High rise structures, medical centers, restaurants, schools, retail centers, etc., we have done it all!
Contact ASCO Fire today to schedule a complimentary consultation on fire extinguishers with our team. Call 973-633-7300 or email us at info@ASCOfire.com to get started!